A hoverboard is fun when you know how to use it, but it can be more fun if you know how to make a hoverboard with magnets on your own. You can use different components in order to create a hoverboard and then enjoy your day off with your latest invention with few easy steps. In case you are looking for an easy guide, then here is a complete guide for making the best Golden Hoverboards with magnets.
Making Hoverboard with Magnets
For making a hoverboard with magnets, you must know what materials are required that are important in order to make the hoverboard working for you. So here is a list.
- 50 D Batteries and try not to get the power saver batteries.
- A Standard Skateboard.
- A Non-Conductible Base and don’t try to use a floor as a base.
- 300-400′ enameled copper wire or Magnet Wire 20 AWG.
- Wire Strippers.
- (x6) 6″ Iron Railroad Spike.
- Duct Tape.
- 16 small screws.
- Electric Drill.
- Battery Holders with the same amount as batteries you get.
- Measuring Tape to measure the length.
- Hot Glue Gun for sticking things.
After getting the list of required items, now it’s time to prepare you what is the best hoverboard for a beginner with magnets.
Preparation Skateboard for Hoverboard
You can now start preparing the skateboard first with the following steps.
- Unscrew the board and then remove the plates and wheels from it. You will get eight holes in it.
- Now take an electric drill and increase the diameter of those holes by 2mm.
- On each side of the board, with two and a half meters away from the edge from the top and bottom of your board and two and a half meters away from the left of the board, you need to drill a hole.
- Now repeat the same process on the right side of the board. This will get you 2 holes at the top and at the bottom of the board.
Preparing the Base
Now you can start preparing the base of the board.
- Now start to put the six railroad spikes by applying them to the base and make them spread equally in the center.
- They should be 1 foot apart from each other and make sure the base of the spike is to be attached with an actual base of the board.
- Now use hot glue at the spike bases along with the actual base and let them dry for some time.
- Now use a piece of duct tape and place it on each side of the railroad spike.
You need to wrap the magnet wire around the base of the railroad spikes in a counterclockwise direction and don’t leave any spaces. After covering all the spikes, you can connect 5 battery holders together for each of the 6 spikes. Put each of the batteries in the battery holder.
Now you can connect extra strands and put each set near to the spikes attached on the based of railroad spikes to the positive terminal of the battery. The extra strand should be to the negative terminal and don’t connect it just yet. Repeat the process for all the electromagnets.
The final part comes to the skateboard. Here is what you need to do.
- Taking screw and magnet wire. Then wrap the magnet wire around the screw in a counterclockwise direction.
- Repeat this process for all 16 screws and make sure that you leave two feet of extra wire at the tip.
- Now take one magnet from the wire-wrapped magnets and face the board up and then put the magnet into the board. There should be an extra wire from the tip.
- Then repeat the process for each of the 16 screws and use battery holders on top of the board for each of the screws.
- Then you can connect the extra-base cable to one positive side of the battery holder and tip extra wire to the negative terminal of the battery.
- As a result, you get your hoverboard attachment working with magnets.
This was a guide for how to make a hoverboard with magnets. For more details, contact professionals.
Can I make a hoverboard with magnets?
Yes, you can create a hoverboard with magnets if you have the right tools and you know what you should do.
Leave a Reply